Search this blog


Home About Contact
2008-03-20

THE KITE RUNNER  

 
I think I had a post before about this movie ( and books). I first read the book which I borrowed from Husna. I had to finish it in a day ( it's so moving) that I had to read the last chapter in the darkness with only my bedside lamp turned on ( so that I wont disturb my roomate).

The movie (adapted from the novel) had been out few months back, but just yesterday I got the chance to watch it. And, just like the book, it's overwhelming.

One of the beloved story of our times...

Here's some quotes that I love (and keep playing in my head):

" For you, a thousand times over"

"There's a way to be good again"


For those living in my vicinity, you can get the movie from me. But I'd recommend you to read the book as well. Like any other adaptation, the reading is so much more fulfilling.

And here's the trailer for the movie :


And to you my friend:

I want you to know that someway somehow, in a distinct little part of it, the movie had my story in it. And yes, for you:

"A thousand times over"

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



4 comments: to “ THE KITE RUNNER

  • flutterby
    March 20, 2008 at 5:57 AM  

    you stole my book. (and movie and quotes!)

    loverboi and i got the book 'poadnomu' at the airport together on the day i let the sea, ship and cute dolphins took him away from me.

    the book (and movie and quotes) mean a lot to us.

    ah, loverboi.

    sorry i jiwanged your comment box.

  • Emma Homestay Bandar Tasik Puteri
    March 20, 2008 at 6:06 AM  

    wowee. " the most anticipated film of the year" katenye. menarik2! hm? what's ur part in that story? dont get it. :P

  • angelus_izika
    March 20, 2008 at 7:23 AM  

    I got it earlier ..before summer...so technically, you guys stole it from me :)

    anyway, its ok to jiwang at my comment box..u even jiwang at lecture..another extra space wont hurt :)

  • angelus_izika
    March 20, 2008 at 7:25 AM  

    to naboo:

    you see, there's more than one part..but that shall be a secret, non?

    haha..anyway, I give out one (just because I love u guys)

    one of it is the scene where Amir throw the promegrenade to Hassan, and challenged Hassan to hit him back. But Hassan, unwilling to, instead took another one and crush it into his own face...and left..