Search this blog


Home About Contact
2008-06-06

Nails & Drills (part 3) - the banana & Potato  






WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~~ !!! No surgery today (or at least, none that "huge pupil" have to attend to)..so I kinda lost my chance of a lifetime to do the intradermal stitches as medstudents.

Shit!!! i've been training whole night till dawn...and there's like 5 bananas wasted in the dustbin (mind you, banana is not cheap here)

Today is kinda lame. huge pupil have to attend the clinics and admissions dept, so he didnt really show up in class today. After he gave us some test, he went out, and only enter back 4 hours later with a smirk on his face. Thank God he gave us "zachot" without a hassle.

Anyway...I showed him my "intra-bananal stitch", and he actually smile (not smirk this time) and told me it "almost" correct. I got it wrong on the beginning of the stitches. So he showed us how to do it the correct way, and told me to get an even thinner stitching needle.

The picture above (clockwise)
1. my stitches
2. and 3. huge pupil correcting my stitches
4. not an intradermal stitches, rather a common technique used by most surgeon. It will leave an ugly, bad scar.

Before he left the classroom, I took a peak at the sole of his foot, and my......that is one big, hard, painful-looking calluses...it must be from the constant standing in the OT. I wonder if I manage to be a surgeon, with an undefinable-moderately-excessive BMI, maybe I will even get a flat foot.

Do you think I should offer him Huda's luxurious Avon foot care that I'm immersing into now? :P
(Read: partly metrosexual)

Anyway, he left me startled today in front all of his colleagues when I returned the keys to the office and one of his colleague (a surgeon with full-arms tatoo) said to me "You have closed the room, dont you, POTATO?)

shit........I've been the official POTATO of the Orthopedic Dept.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories