Search this blog


Home About Contact
2009-01-28

UK escapade - day 3 (Newcastle)  

The couch was too comfy that I woke up at 0830..tu pun seb baik khalid kejut,kalox, subuh unta la jawabnya..

After bagels and some guitar hero sessions (which emphasize that I sucks at music) we leave the house at 1000 to discover the beauty and the bold in Newcastle.

Let's start with the eerily silent St James Park stadium, the home of Newcastle FC. Not a football fan I am, but I managed to burn some cash purchasing the overrated souvenirs.

Then we head on to the city centre, watching the ruins, of the old city wall, some unrecognisable neo-classic church, the town hall, the theathre, and the chinatown.

Come the shopping time, and I can resist myself from the temptation of discounts in FCUK n Clarks. With the "develish" support from Khalid and Zack (thanx heaps guys) I ended up burning my pocket.

We later on walk along the hill towards Quayside, and testify the magnificent Millenium Bridge, one of the greatest architecture been built in.....Newcastle. it sparked contrast with the more ancient building beside it, but the modernistic Opera Hall by the left hill along the Tyne is a strong statement that Newcastle is really going forward.

Dinner was at some Indian restaurant, which left me with an episode of diarrhea. Tu la gatai sgt nk mango lassi.

Tomorrow we'll be leaving for manchester by train. I wish we wouldn't miss it or anything

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories