Search this blog


Home About Contact
2009-03-01

UK Escapade - Edinburgh  


Edinburgh was our last destination in our UK Escapade series of crazy winter travelling.

Fair enough,after 10 days of hectic schedule and keeping up with lots of touring, we kind of had it off for a little while. But that's before we set up our foot on the great hilland of Scottish Edinburgh.

I had always been fascinated bout the Scots. Please note unlike many others, I DID NOT know the Scots from Braveheart. Still, I kinda indulge in their laid-back life and kilt. So, while others mostlu invest in the Tartan scarf, I goes to that end where I bought up a full kilt. I know, its crazy.

Edinburgh castle is perhaps one of the best medieval castle I had ever seen on top of a hill. Prague had one, so does Barca. But they lost those vivid sense of medieval battle, where pride and honor is the key to every knight ever worked in that stronghold. Enough said, it amazed me.

And the whole city of Edinburgh is sooo beautiful, zack had difficulties in accepting the fact that it is not re-build from a historical sketch.

I even set foot on the great Rosslyn Chapel, only that its under major restoration, so equal major disappointment here.

Our hostel is kinda cute, and very helpful, and I made a friend with the nicest Australian called Maddie Randell. Check her out in my fb list. We shared a lot in common (besides hostel room), and we had the same indulgement with castles, royalties, bla bla...only that she beat me to it when she announced she had a bloodline of a Scottish ancient family.

I, on the other hand, had my blood filled with glucose from the famous Scottish Shortbread (can be bought here in major supermarket in Volgograd)

p/s : I vowed that if I cant get married there atop the Edinburgh Castle (which is possible!! they do make reservation for weddings!! only that its gonna cost a sky!!), I will at least have a honeymoon here with my loved one...


Posted by Picasa

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



3 comments: to “ UK Escapade - Edinburgh