Search this blog


Home About Contact
2008-07-08

3S Summer trip : Part 1 - Sochi  

Sunset by the Black Sea, Sochi



View Larger Map

At last, I found the mean and time to connect in my hectic schedule of summer travel

This summer, I've planned up my trip with a "S" theme...

that is..
Summer - Sochi, St Petersburg, Scandinavia

I know its freaking freak..

anyway...

SOCHI - is the only Russian summer resort (I guess so) since millions of Russians citizen and citizens from CIS countries flock here, elevating its merely 200, 000 permanent population to nearly 2 millions in just a few weeks. So u can be assured the city kinda live up every summer, and the traffic congestion is unimaginable (at least thats what the taxi driver says)

The Black Sea coast is different from what we have back in Msia. Its covered with rock, not sands, so u cant get dirty and build sandcastle. And the heated rocks kinda massaging your muscle ache when u lay on them. On the other hand, its furiously painful to step on those rocks barefooted especially when ur BMI is above normal.

I think the only interesting thing in Sochi is the sea, since the city is kinda boring (to my standard, but not for the Russians who seems really enjoying watching the closed Concert House and Opera Hall).

uh..and before I forgot, I went to Sochi by train. That means exposing oneself for 4 days to be harrased by the policemen...uh....Russia, when the policemen are the crooks themselves, who can protect us from other crooks??? So, by the end of the trip, I managed to be harrased twice and ended up paying a total of +- RM 200 just to get myself out before I missed the train.

till then - my next stop is St Petersburg .Its time to see some Europeans Civilizations that manage to penetrate the Russian border. :)

warm regards from Black Sea





What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories