Search this blog


Home About Contact
2009-02-21

UK Escapade - DUBLIN  


Not that Dublin is part of UK though, but its in my plan, so to heck with it.

I've been planning this up to meet with my best-mate Harith (pics above), who helped me through in school, and - God blessed him - had create a path for me to enter the medical school by letting me to copy a huge amount of his Add Math homework (I'm a real dumb donkey when it come to math)

But, as how he put it, we did bring our "Russian curse" to Dublin. Just on the day we arrived, Dublin experienced its heaviest snow-fall, so heavy that my mate said it never happened during his entire life in Dublin. And the sky cleared up just as we took our next flight to Edinburgh. Cliche, I know.

Snow and wind apart, Dublin amazed me with its light-hearted environment (or so I thought). Architecture is amazing (wish I studied in one of those Trinity College buildings), and the natural beauty is...just..natural. We visited Glendalough, who is an hour drive away from Dublin, and while Harith intended us to see the land and its greenery, we were greeted with broad plain of snow (where I learnt that Im an accurate snow-ball thrower when it goes to throwing at "the" balls,sorry I know its hurt)

And we made some friends in Dublin too. Well, mostly I met a friend-of-friend, but those Dubliners are so warm-hearted it enough to warm us up in those freezing night eventhough they have to cut back on gases. (recession, mate)

So, thanks a bunch to those who unknowingly invited us to Hadi's birthday party, to Shawal/his more glamorous social name in which I shall not published here for keeping us company till our end day in Dublin (and thanks for advicing me against buying those overpriced fugly sling-bag), and a BIG BIG BIG thanks to harith and his housemate for letting us to crash in (literally, crash)

p/s : more pics in Facebook. My blog followers had advised me agaisnt putting too much pics, it slows the blog down, and mostly, it cost them more (yeah, Russian ISP still charge us on per mb basis)



Posted by Picasa

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



0 comments: to “ UK Escapade - DUBLIN