Search this blog


Home About Contact
2008-02-09

Story of Butter-Pecan-Chocolatte Mousse  


It was misty and a little bit gloomy outside...

but then we sampled this "things" (at that time I never knew it was called 'mousse', i thought it was a some sorta cake :)
And while all the time I keep trying to monitor my consumption of unnecessary carbs, I admittedly gloated down this "innocence guilt" and got all whipped up with its creamy, unrecognizable taste, that in the end to avoid me from daring to take another spoon I had to dip my spoon into the leftover morning coffee so that I cant use the spoon anymore.

So, mr. dragging-me-into-the-best-dessert-ever, thank you for the sampling,...and yes, you managed to thrust my head into searching the recipe for this mousse like crazy :)

Here's what I googled up, and since this recipe use no eggs, I think its better for my current-state-of-health :

QUICK CHOCOLATE MOUSSE w/o EGGS

INGREDIENTS

  • 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate
  • 10 fluid ounces heavy cream

DIRECTIONS

  1. Chop chocolate and place in top of a double boiler, or in a microwave-safe bowl, microwave chocolate until melted. Stir occasionally until chocolate is smooth. Allow to cool slightly.
  2. Whip cream in large bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks barely form.
  3. Fold chocolate into cream and spoon into serving dishes. Chill 30 minutes in refrigerator, until set.
I am definitely going to try this one...and yes, if I can manage it, I'll FedEx one for you

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories